07 March 2022

Round Four Update

 I didn't restart this blog to solicit sympathy, but just to share information widely with anyone who is interested in keeping up with my treatments. So here's the facts on the aftermath of round four infusions.

I developed another fever and went to the hospital. I was there for four days and nights for IV antibiotics. I also had pretty intense mouth sores, so I was swishing regularly with the magic mouthwash. (If it really was magic, it would make them go away!) I was anemic so I received two blood transfusions as well as a transfusion of platelets. I went in on a Wednesday evening and finally returned home on Sunday afternoon.

The week after that my mouth sores mostly healed. I was more weak and tired, but I started to feel stronger as the week progressed. 

My time in the hospital was a bit of an ordeal as the hospital was full so I had to stay in the ER longer than I wanted to. I didn't have a window so I didn't see outside for a couple of days (a big deal for me). But I eventually got into a regular hospital room. Anyway, a story for another day...

On to round five...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the update, Jeremy. I'm glad your mouth is feeling a bit better! One step, then another. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love to you, Jeremy. Thank you for sharing updates, we love knowing how you are and what you are thinking about, and how we can hold you in our thoughts. YES to your strong eyebrows, YES to magic (and magic mouthwash), YES to Round 5. BIG HUGS, XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thinking of you everyday and keeping you in our prayers. It was great to see you last Sunday! Kathy and Glenn

    ReplyDelete