I'm now six days out from surgery. I think I'm making good healing progress! I've graduated from a walker to a cane. Today I've noticed that I am not relying on the cane as much as before. In the next day or two, I'll be able to remove the special dressing with the integrated pump device (an "incision management system") and see for myself what the incision looks like. The drain tube will stay in until my follow up appointment on July 20. It's been a little tricky to manage, but I won't go into details so I don't gross anyone out.
I'm still figuring out what my right leg can and can't do. It's hard to move it in certain ways, and it is weak in other ways. Time will tell how it will strengthen and come back from all of this. When I walk without the cane, I can take several steps without much of a limp, but after a few steps there is a noticeable hitch to my step. Again, time will tell...
At my follow up appointments on the 20th I'll find out if I will need any further treatment, or if I am done and instead will be monitored for recurrence.
No comments:
Post a Comment