This morning I found out that my surgery has been postponed two days and is now rescheduled for Thursday, July 7. Apparently the operating room was overbooked on July 5 and several cases had to be rescheduled, including mine.
I'm frustrated by this change because we (that is, Allison and I) have been making arrangements in our lives based on the July 5 date -- time off from work, visit from out-of-state family to help after the surgery, etc.
But it's out of my hands, and so I'm doing my best to practice "radical acceptance."
I have an MRI tonight, a CT scan tomorrow morning, as well as appointments with my oncologist and surgeon tomorrow afternoon.
This is also a bit more frustrating because my nighttime sciatic pain has been worse lately making it difficult to sleep. Getting the tumor out of there, I hope, will ultimately alleviate that pain. And so I'm anxious to finally have this surgery (which I've wanted since last November) and get on with whatever happens after that.
As always, thank you for your support, encouragement, and prayers.
So difficult to change gears and accept the delays...so many chemos & radiation treatments behind you...amazing progress! Hopeful to hear surgery goes well and on schedule! . Hugs & prayers,...
ReplyDelete