Well, I've just about made it through the round 6 nadir. I did not develop an infection/fever that sent me to the hospital last week. What a relief! The mouth sores and assorted other side-effects of round 6 will slowly resolve over the next week or so. I'll feel like chemotherapy is in the rear-view mirror when I start to feel more like myself -- some time in the next week, I hope.
Next week I have six medical appointments. On Tuesday I have another CT and MRI. On Wednesday, I meet with my oncologist as well as my surgeon.
I'm scheduled to have surgery on Thursday, April 21 to remove the tumor. I'll know a lot more about that surgery after my appointments this week. Needless to say, I'm a little anxious about it all. At the same time, surgery is an important step in getting past this, and so even though I am anxious, I am also pleased that the surgery is happening. I'm planning to be away from work completely for two weeks, possibly more.
The six rounds of chemo definitely had a cumulative impact. I haven't been running for months. I don't have enough red blood cells to carry the oxygen around my body! I've lost weight. I'm weaker in body than I've been in a long time (but not in spirit!). A lot of my hair has fallen out...but not everywhere. It's strange. I still have hairy arms, but my eyelashes are gone. There's still a lot of hair on my legs, but the hair inside my nose is gone (which, by the way, is very annoying).
Oh, and yes, I still have eyebrows. They are very, very thin by now.
But they are still there!
Appreciate your updates. I will be lifting you up this week as you go to all your appointments. Hugs & prayers surround you....
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing some updates, Jeremy. I will be holding you close on the 21st, especially. XO
ReplyDelete